The Power of Intellect With Yoga
Addition of energy, strength, and beauty to body, mind, and soul.
Yoga is not a religion.
Yoga is science.
Science of well-being, the science of integrating body, mind, and soul.
Study and memorize, the words every parent I know, think about every single day. We want our children to absorb as much as possible at the speed of light. We nurture our kids since young to take in as much as they can. In our mind’s eyes, that is the true essence of learning. Sadly, that is not correct. Memorizing does not make a child super smart; understanding what he learns is. Well, if we put in the memorizing and understanding together, our kids will be super learners.
There is an exercise in yoga that can help in sharpening the ability of learning and memorizing, not just for kids but also adults. Educators and parents in India have long used Murgha Punishment, combining the technique of superbrain yoga into schools. Although it is called punishment, Murgha is in actual fact, a form of yoga. It is an exercise with a scientific explanation; it improves oxygenation to the nervous system and brain. This helps promote better concentration and the ability to learn. Placing the hands-on alternative earlobes is a concept that originates from the science of Ayurveda medicine in which pressure points on the earlobes stimulates neural function on both sides of the brain. Individuals who practice superbrain yoga describe feeling more balanced and at peace shortly after performing this simple exercise.
Superbrain Yoga is often said as the new way of yoga; one that improves the brain. It is a scientifically validated method that will help you energize your brain and enhance its sharpness and clarity. Besides, the simple technique increases intellectual capacity and sharpen both memory and concentration.
The practice is based on principles of subtle energy and ear acupuncture. Technically, Superbrain Yoga allows energy from your lower chakras or what we call the energy centers to move up to the forehead and crown chakras. When this happens, this energy is transformed into subtle energy, which is utilized by the brain to enhance its function in the utmost form.
Let us look at how we can incorporate this practice into our day-to-day life.
Preferably, this exercise should be done in the morning. This is so your concentration and stress relief will apply throughout the whole day.
Then follow these steps :
1. Face the sunrise.
2. Remove all jewelry and stand up straight.
3. Place your tongue on the roof of your mouth right behind your teeth. Keep it there throughout the exercise.
4. Take your left hand and cross your upper body to hold of your right earlobe with thumb and forefinger. Make sure that the thumb is in front.
5. Now take your right hand across your upper body to hold of your left earlobe. Again, make sure that the thumb is in front. At this point, you’re pressing both earlobes simultaneously. Make sure your left arm is close to your chest and inside your right arm.
6. Inhale through your nose and slowly squat down to the ground.
7. Hold your breath and do not exhale until you start making your way back up to a standing position.
8. Repeat this squatting action between 15 and 21 times. Remember to keep holding your earlobes and to keep your tongue touching the roof of your mouth throughout the entire exercise. You may not notice a change immediately but after a few weeks improvement in concentration should become clear.
My favorite benefits of the Superbrain Yoga :
1. Energizes and activates the brain by synchronizing Alpha brain waves.
2. It reduces psychological stress and improves psychological stability.
3. Results in greater intelligence and creativity.
4. Promotes the proper functioning of the brain.
The best part is that Superbrain Yoga is really easy to learn and you can do it within five minutes a day.
In short, superbrain Yoga is essentially a form of acupressure and breathing technique used to balance both hemispheres of the brain and bring energy up to the brain. The exercise is easy to learn, takes only a few minutes to do and can be done by almost anyone, anywhere. The best part of it all, it is free and can be enjoyed with the family - kids, adults, elders.
Make Superbrain Yoga part of your lifestyle and your intellect will have lots to thank for!
You May Also Like
With a determination to achieve the highest aim For the benefit of all sentient beings Which surpass...
Your Mind Holds the Key to Your Happiness We all want to lead a productive life, attain deep inner ...
Man has a tendency to own things. When he owns something small his mind stays small, his life gets s...
Energy goes where attention flows Truth and its quest is inherent in our human form, its see...
The Science of Yoga: Living the Good Life I lived “the good life,” and discovered that...
Whenever I interact with someone, May I view myself as the lowest amongst all, And, from the very de...
Once two neighbours were sitting and meditating, doing some tapas (austerity). God came to one of th...
Desires arise on their own without asking you. And when they come, what do you do with them? If you ...
Desire kills the joy yet the goal of all desires is joy. No creature desiring unhappiness is ever bo...